OnePlus has been in hurry regarding the updates. They’d rolled out updates as promised. Well, its just a few days back, when Carl Pei & Petu Lau(OnePlus Founders) confirmed that Face Unlock feature would be rolled out for Oneplus 3 & 3T users as well. An OxygenOS Open beta 30 and 21update has just been official for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The update section has been mentioned with Face Unlock function. The update size costs 1652MB at all and can be downloaded directly from here.
OnePlus 3 & 3T Users which are currently on OxygenOS 4 can upgrade their devices. OxygenOS Beta 30 is available for OnePlus 3 and open OxygenOS Beta 21 for the OnePlus 3T will be soon available.
What’s new in OxygenOS Beta 30/21?
The Open Oxygen Beta update weighs 1625M. And comes with regular improvements in the OxygenOS and additional Face Unlock function.
- New Face Unlock Function is added
- Added OnePlus Switch Application for Backup & Restore.
Upgrade OP Launcher to Latest V2.3
- New Menu drawer design
- Auto naming folder
- Dynamic icons
- Airtel VoLTE support in India
- Regular minor bug fixes and stability improvements
The update added pretty cool features. And the rumored Face Unlock feature from the OnePlus 5T is available with this update. OnePlus has added a new app named “OnePlus Switch” Application which can be used to make Backup and Restore possible without any third party software.
There are minor changelogs and little changes to the UI. The update also brought OnePlus 2.3 launcher to the device with new application drawer designs and some new gestures.
Apart from it, Airtel VoLTE is now supported in OnePlus devices in India. And there is minor bug fixed and stability improvements to the skinned ROM Oxygen OS.
This actually proves OnePlus cares their customers. Since they officially announced, the face lock function won’t come even for the OnePlus 5 but due to the demand of OnePlus users, the same has been rolled out for OP 3 and 3T as well.
As seen on the OnePlus 5T, the face unlock feature is damn fast and accurate most of the time. Once you look at the device it instantly unlocks the device in case the face matches. And it is secured as well and can’t be tricked with photographs and even the twins.
How to Install the Update?
- Download Open Oxygen beta 30 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Oxygen Beta 21 for the OnePlus 3T.
- Keep them in your internal storage.
- Shut down your device.
- Now turn your device into Recovery mode(long press Power + Vol UP)
- Select “Install from Local’ and select the beta file you downloaded.
- Reboot your device again into recovery and clear Dalvik cache.
- That’s it! The device might take little longer to boot up(In case it causes boot loop, do a factory reset via recovery)
Well, this is not an official and final version and might have some stability and bug issues. Install the beta update if you wanna test the face unlock before it arrives officially!